- Co- Investigator / Institutional PI, NASA Arctic-Boreal Vulnerability Experiment (ABoVE): “A Model-Data Integration Framework (MoDIF) for ABoVE Phase I research: simulation, scaling and benchmarking for key indicators of Arctic-boreal ecosystem dynamics”, University of Maine subcontract with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (2015 – 2018).
- Co- Principal Investigator, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA): “Reducing uncertainty in carbon cycle science of North America: a synthesis program across United States and Mexico”, University of Maine subcontract with University of Delaware (2014 – 2017).
- Co- Investigator, USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI): “Developing a Cost-Effective Payment System for Forest Carbon Sequestration”, University of Tennessee (2013 – 2016).
- Principal Investigator, DOE Early Career Program funded by the Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER): “Model-Data Fusion Approaches for Retrospective and Predictive Assessment of the Pan-Arctic Scale Permafrost Carbon Feedback to Global Climate”, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2012 – 2017).
- Co- Principal Investigator, NSF Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH): “CNH-Ex: The Influence of the Size of Protected Areas on their Ecological and Economic Effectiveness”, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2012 – 2015).
- Principal Investigator, USGS Alaska Science Center: “Satellite-Based Mapping of Vegetation and Landscape Dynamics on Alaska’s Seward Peninsula, 1986 – 2012”, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2014 – 2015).
- Principal Investigator, NASA New Investigator Program: “Diagnosis and attribution of the contemporary North American terrestrial sink for atmospheric CO2: the role of disturbance and land use change”, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2010 – 2013).