Professor of Wood Science
119 Nutting Hall Orono, ME 04469-5755
- Ph.D. Virginia Polytechnic Inst. & State Univ. (1988)
- M.S. Virginia Polytechnic Inst. & State Univ. (1985)
- B.S. University of New Haven (1974)
- Hogwarts 1990
- Fellow: International Academy of Wood Science
- Fellow: Society of Wood Science and Technology
- Elected Faculty Representative, to the University of Maine System Board of Trustees 2005-
- Society of Wood Science and Technology_ The Professional Society of Wood Scientists and Technologists in the United States.
– Society President, 2002-2003
– Elected Vice-President, 2000
– Chair, Accreditation Committee, 1998-2000; 2007-2010
- Elected President, Faculty Senate, University of Maine 2002-2003
- ASTM (American Society for Testing of Materials)
– Member, committee, D-7, Wood
– Chair, Physical Properties of wood subcomittee 1994-1996
- Forest Products Society
– Elected Chairman, Northeast Section (1995-1996)
– Elected board member of the Forest Products Society (1998-2000)
- Chair, Physics Technical Interest Group (2008-2011)
- Advisory Board Holzforshung
- I have worked with over 120 companies, both domestic and international, during my career and was awarded the College of Natural Science, Forestry and Agriculture’s outstanding service award for those and other efforts.
- Grant, gift and contract funding during the past 15 years: >$5 million.