- ANNOUNCEMENT! Marsh Island open to bow hunting
- Contact Us
- Demonstrations and Outreach
- Trails & Visitor Info
Welcome to the University Forests
The University Forests Office of the University of Maine is responsible for Managing the forestlands owned by the University of Maine and the University of Maine Foundation. The office also coordinates research activities on the land. The forestland under management is comprised of three distinct parts.
* The Dwight B. Demeritt Forest includes over 2,000 acres in Old Town and Orono immediately adjacent to the University campus.
* The Penobscot Experimental Forest is located approximately 15 miles from the University campus in the towns of Bradley and Eddington.
* The Green Endowment Forestlands are lands donated to the University Foundation for the benefit of the University of Maine.