Faculty & Staff Resources
SFR Standing Committees
- Communications Committee: The communications committee initial focus is the School of Forest Resources website – including regular updates. Committee Members: Stephen Shaler, Mehdi Tajvidi, and Jay Wason.
- Graduate Program Committee: The role of the committee is (1) to make recommendations on graduate students to TA those courses identified by the Director, (2) Provide ranked recommendations to the Director on graduate student applications for appointment to unit MAFES GRA (if available), (3) Develop and update a graduate student handbook to be posted on the SFR website, (4) Organize and participate in a fall and spring graduate student orientation session, and (5) Review and suggest updates to the Graduate Programs section of the SFR website. Committee Members: Shawn Fraver (Graduate Program Coordinator), Jessica Leahy, Sandra De Urioste-Stone, Dan Hayes, and Mehdi Tajvidi.
- International Student Travel Committee: The role of the committee is to provide funds/scholarships to support student development through international travel. Undergraduate in SFR majors or EES Forest Ecosystems track, and graduate students with SFR advisors are eligible to apply and receive travel scholarships (Lee and Sunny Allen International Experience Travel Scholarship: generous donation by Lee and Sunny Allen (Allen class of 1976-BS and 1978-MS). Committee Members: William Livingston (Co-Chair), Lindsay Seward (Co-Chair), Daniel Harrison, Parinaz Rahimzadeh-Bajgiran, Amber Roth, and Jay Wason.
- Multicultural Students in Forestry & Related Natural Resource Fields Committee: The committee focuses on the retention and career transition of multicultural students in the School of Forest Resources and closely related fields at the University of Maine. Committee Members: Adam Daigneault (Chair), Aaron Weiskittel, Amber Roth, Erin Simons-Legaard, Jay Wason, Laura Kenefic-FS, Parinaz Rahimzadeh-Bajgiran, Stephen Shaler, Shawn Fraver, tish carr and Graduate Student Representative: Gabriela Wolf-Gonzalez.
- Nutting Hall Space Committee: The role of the committee is to identify and coordinate issues related to use, quality and function of space in Nutting Hall. Committee Members: Building Manager (TBA), Stephen Shaler, Aaron Weiskittel (CRSF representative), EES and WFCB representatives.
- Peer Committee: The role of the peer committee is to make recommendations to the Director on promotions, tenure, and reappointments of all SFR faculty in the evaluation of teaching, research and service. Committee Members: John Daigle (Chair), Mehdi Tajvidi (Vice-Chair), all tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty. The School Director or Acting Director shall be an ex officio committee member.
- Scholarship Committee: The role of the committee is to decide on SFR award recommendations for undergraduate students. Meets once in March after scholarship applications and award amounts are ready. Committee Members: Student Academic Services Coordinator (Chair), Program Leaders, and at least 2 more faculty as appointed by the Director. Current members are William Livingston (Chair), John Daigle (PRT Program Leader), Adam Daigneault, and Douglas Gardner (FBB/SMT Program Leader).
- Undergraduate Program Committee: The role of the committee includes offering scholarships to incoming students, review course proposals, review academic disciplinary actions, review recruitment strategies, and assist with reporting for accreditation requirements. Committee Members: William Livingston (Interim Director), John Daigle (PRT Program Leader), and Douglas Gardner (FBB/SMT Program Leader).
- SFR Equipment Room Committee: The role of the committee is to determine usage policies and procedures and the state of the equipment room on an annual basis. Committee Members: Anil Kizha, and TBD.
- Safety Committee: The Safety Committee focuses on the health and safety of the students and employees in the labs and in the field. The Committee will work collaboratively on safety issues with other units in the building(s) and other committees, as issues and concerns arise that affect everyone. Committee Members: Christopher London (Coordinator), Jay Wason, Islam Hafez, and Wenjing Sun.
To access messages for a given topic, click the link:
Policies and Procedures
- Room 106 Videoconference and Presentation System instructions
- Plum Creek Conference Room – Policies and Procedures (10/5/15)
- Plum Creek Room Conference Phone
- Zoom instructions
- Room 106 Nutting Conference Phone
- APL outlining motor vehicle use whether it be on and off campus rentals, and personal vehicle use for UM business
- Vehicle Driver Information and Agreement (required to drive any University vehicle)
- Graduate Faculty Criteria (revised May 2017)
- Perkins Hall Use Policy Statement (August 2017)
- SFR Distinguished Alumnus selection process (March 2016)
- Professional Guidelines and Expectations for School of Forest Resources Students (Jan. 2019)
- SFR’s Support of Gender and Cultural Diversity
- SFR Instructional Equipment Policy (July 2018)
Safety Information & Training
- Annual Basic Safety Training (MUST be done annually)
- SFR Safety Training (MUST be done annually)
- SFR Safety Training Certification (print and give to SFR Office – 201, for proof of completion)
- Department-Annual-Training-Record (keep track of your employees safety trainings)
- Hazard Assessment
- SFR Safety Guidelines
- Phase1- General and Hand Tool Safety Training 1.4.16
- Phase2- Machine Specific Safety Training 1.4.16
- Training Requirements 2021
- Chemical Hygiene Plan 2020
Purchases & Reimbursements
- request form-fillable PDF
- Request Form (Word)
- Commonly Used Account Object Codes (PDF)
- IDO Form to Print on Mark’s Plotter (PDF-fill in the blanks and submit to the SFR office in room 201 Nutting for processing)
- Process for Returning Funds to UM
PCard Purchases (forms & Quick-References)
- PCard Application, APLs, Manual and More
- PCard-Purchase-Documentation (Word)
- Quick Reference: Online Registration
- Quick Reference: Email Notification
- Quick Reference: View Transaction
- Quick Reference: Access Online PCard Receipt Upload
- Quick Reference: Approve a Transaction
- Quick Reference: View a Statement
- Maine Sales Tax Exempt Form
MAFES Publications Program
Following is a collection of resources for the experiment station publications program:
Undergraduate Advising and Curricula Documents
- See more here
New Faculty Resources
- SFR Peer Committee Guidelines
- UMaine Guidelines for Promotion and/or Tenure (Faculty MUST following University Guidelines)
- NSFA Library of Policies and Procedures on P&T
- Sabbatical Leave (see AFUM contract, Article 19, Section B)
- Request for Sabbatical Leave
- Concur/Travel Access Form
- Travel Card application and Info
- Click here for the Concur training site
- Creating a blanket in-state travel request in Concur (How to create a blanket in-state travel is at 1:03:56 in the video)
- Wex Gas Card Application and Information
- Maine Sales Tax Exempt Form
Marketing & Communications
Nondiscrimination Notice: The University of Maine does not discriminate on the grounds of race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, 207.581.1226.
Disabilities Statement: If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call School of Forest Resources, as early as possible at 581-2887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
- SFR electronic Letterhead (PDF)
- SFR electronic Letterhead (Word)
- Discrimination Statement
- Marketing & Communications Branding Standards
Below are several file types to choose from. If you need the logo in some other format, please contact (207) 581-2887 or email email@example.com.